1 cup Red Rice
500g Diced free range chicken breast or thigh
1 yellow capsicum ( or any other colour)
Spring onion – 2 Stems
1 small zucchini or 1/2 large
2 cloves garlic
6-8 large Baby Romas tomatoes
2 cups organic coconut milk
1 Banana- mashed
4-6 kaffir lime leaves or Laksa leaves
Splash EVOO ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil )
*200-500g fresh greens ( 1 garlic clove , 1 teaspoon dried or fresh italian herbs , 2 tablespoon EVOO
1 Tablespoon , of Ground coriander, Garam Masala , Cumin, Hot Indian curry powder.
1 teaspoon of chilli flakes or 1 fresh chilli or Sambal Olek
- Heat EVOO add garlic , spring onions and spices. Make into paste add a splash water.
- Add vegetables , stir for 2-3 mins.
- Add chicken stir for 4-5 mins.
- Add leaves , banana and coconut milk and simmer until cooked , making sure there is still some liquid to pour over top when serving
- Meantime boil water then and add red rice stirring until cooked , strain and serve
- Boil water in a pot
- cut ends of beans
- When water is boiling add beans make sure they are still crunchy ( roughly 2-3mins)
- Strain and add , remainder of ingredients.
Place red rice on plate with chicken curry on top and beans to side.
VEGETARIAN OPTION– Eliminate chicken and replace with cauliflower, broccoli and or pumpkin and sweet potato.