2 large eggs ( use 1 tablespoon chia seeds for vegan option)
Kosher salt and pepper
12 oz. carrots (about 3 large)
1/4 c. panko bread crumbs/ gluten free BC / Polenta/Buckwheat Flakes /Quinoa Flakes
3 scallions, thinly sliced
1 red chile, seeded for less heat and thinly sliced
1 c. fresh cilantro
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled (optional- omit for DF & vegan)
Green salad, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Using a food processor with the large grater attachment, coarsely grate the carrots. Add them to the bowl with the eggs and toss to coat. Fold in the panko, then 2 scallions, the chile, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, and remaining scallion.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, then add 1 tablespoon oil. Drop 6 spoons of the carrot mixture into the skillet and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes per side; transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining oil and carrot mixture, adding more oil to the skillet, if necessary.
- Gently stir the feta into the lime-scallion mixture. Serve over the carrot fritters and serve with green salad, if desired.
PER SERVING 227 CAL, 16 G FAT (4.5 G SAT FAT), 106 MG CHOL, 477 MG SOD, 7 G PRO, 15 G CAR, 3 G FIBER